Physical and Clinical Evaluation of Hip Spica Cast applied with Three-slab Technique using Fibreglass Material
- Terjesen T, Halvorsen V. Long-term results after closed reduction of late detected hip dislocation: 60 patients followed up to skeletal maturity. Acta Orthop. 2007; 78(2): 236-46.
- Kumar S. Hip spica application for the treatment of congenital dislocation of the hip. J Pediatr Orthop. 1981; 1(1): 97-9.
- Hosalkar HS, Jones S, Chowdhury M, Chatoo M, Hill RA. Connecting bar for hip spica reinforcement: does it help? J Pediatr Orthop B. 2003; 12(2): 100-2.
- Adkins L. Cast changes: synthetic versus plaster. Pediatr Nurs. 1997; 23(4): 422.
- Wytch R, Mitchell C, Wardlaw D, Ledingham W, Ritchie I. Mechanical assessment of polyurethane impregnated fibreglas bandages for splinting. Prosthet Orthot Int. 1987; 11(3): 128-34.
- Berman A, Parks B. A comparison of the mechanical properties of fiberglass cast materials and their clinical relevance. J Orthop Trauma. 1990; 4(1): 85-92.
- Charles MN, Yen D. Properties of a hybrid plaster-fibreglass cast. Can J Surg. 2000; 43(5): 365- 7.
- DiFazio R, Vessey J, Zurakowski D, Hresko MT, Matheney T. Incidence of skin complications and associated charges in children treated with hip spica casts for femur fractures. Pediatr Orthop. 2011;31(1): 17-22. doi:10.1097/BPO.0b013e3182032075.
Abstract | Reference