Prospective Study to compare Intra-articular versus Intravenous Tranexemic Acid in reducing Post-operative Blood Loss in staged bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Callaghan JJ, O'Rourke MR, Liu SS. Blood management issues and options. J Arthroplasty. 2005; 20: 51-4.
- Keating EM, Meding JB, Faris PM, Ritter MA. Predictors of transfusion risk in elective knee surgery. Clin Orthop Relat Res.1998; 357: 50-9.
- Tan J, Chen H, Liu Q, Chen C, Huang W. A meta-analysis of the effectiveness and safety of using tranexamic acid in primary unilateral total knee arthroplasty. J Surg Res. 184(2): 880-7.
- Yang ZG, Chen WP, Wu LD. Effectiveness and safety of tranexamic acid in reducing blood loss in total knee arthroplasty a metaanalysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2012; 94: 1153-9.
- Coetzee MJ. The use of topical crushed tranexamic acid tablets to control bleeding after dental surgery and from skin ulcers in haemophilia. Haemophilia. 2007; 13: 443-4.
- Chimento GF, Huff T, Ochsner JL , Jr, Meyer M, Brandner L, Babin S. An evaluation of the use of topical tranexamic acid in total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 74-7.
- Georgiadis AG, Muh SJ, Silverton CD, Weir RM, Laker MW. A prospective double-blind placebo controlled trial of topical tranexamic acid in total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2013; 28: 78-82.
- Craik JD, Ei Shafie SA, Kidd AG, Twyman RS. Can local administration of tranexamic acid during total knee arthroplasty reduce blood loss and transfusion requirements in the absence of surgical drains?. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2014; 24(3): 379-84.
- Digas G, Koutsogiannis I, Meletiadis G, Antonopoulou E, Karamoulas V, Bikos Ch. Intra-articular injection of tranexamic acid reduce blood loss in cemented total knee arthroplasty. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol. 2015; 25(7): 1181-8.
- Roy SP, Tanki UF, Dutta A, Jain SK, Nagi ON. Efficacy of intra-articular tranexamic acid in blood loss reduction following primary unilateral total knee arthroplasty. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012; 20(12): 2494-501.
- Wang H, Shen B, Zeng Y. Comparison of topical versus intravenous tranexamic acid in primary total knee arthroplasty: a metaanalysis of randomized controlled and prospective cohort trials. Knee. 2014; 21(6): 987-93.
- Panteli M, Papakostidis C, Dahabreh Z, Giannoudis PV. Topical tranexamic acid in total knee replacement: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Knee. 2013; 20(5): 300-9.
- Charoencholvanich K, Siriwattanasakul P. Tranexamic acid reduces blood loss and blood transfusion after TKA: a prospective randomized controlled trial. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2011; 469(10): 2874-80.
- Patel JN, Spanyer JM, Smith LS, Huang J, Yakkanti MR, Malkani AL. Comparison of intravenous versus topical tranexamic acid in total knee arthroplasty: a prospective randomized study. J Arthroplasty. 2014; 29(8): 1528-31.
- Bidolegui F, Arce G, Lugones A, Pereira S, Vindver G. Tranexamic Acid Reduces Blood Loss and Transfusion in Patients Undergoing Total Knee Arthroplasty without Tourniquet: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Open Orthop J. 2014;8:250-4.
- Wong J, Abrishami A, El Beheiry H, Mahomed NN, Roderick Davey J, Gandhi R, et al. Topical application of tranexamic acid reduces postoperative blood loss in total knee arthroplasty: a randomized, controlled trial. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92(15):2503-13.
Abstract | Reference