Does Excision of Heterotopic Ossification of the Elbow Result in Satisfactory Patient-Rated Outcomes?
- Abrams GD, Bellino MJ, Cheung EV. Risk factors for development of heterotopic ossification of the elbow after fracture fixation. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2012; 21:1550-4.
- Douglas K, Cannada LK, Archer KR, Dean DB, Lee S, Obremskey W. Incidence and risk factors of heterotopic ossification following major elbow trauma. Orthopedics. 2012; 35: 815-22.
- Hastings H, TJ Graham. The classification and treatment of heterotopic ossification about the elbow and forearm. Hand Clin. 1994; 10:417-37.
- Longo UG, Franceschi F, Loppini M, Maffulli N, Denaro V. Rating systems for evaluation of the elbow. Br Med Bull. 2008; 87:131-61.
- Summerfield SL, DiGiovanni C, Weiss AP. Heterotopic ossification of the elbow. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 1997; 6: 321-2.
- Lee EK, Namdari S, Hosalkar HS, Keenan MA, Baldwin KD. Clinical results of the excision of heterotopic bone around the elbow: a systematic review. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013; 22: 716-22.
- Baldwin K, Hosalkar HS, Donegan DJ, Rendon N, Ramsey M, Keenan MA. Surgical resection of heterotopic bone about the elbow: an institutional experience with traumatic and neurologic etiologies. J Hand Surg Am. 2011; 36: 798-803.
- Ring D, Jupiter JB. Operative release of complete ankylosis of the elbow due to heterotopic bone in patients without severe injury of the central nervous system. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85: 849-57.
- Salazar D, Golz A, Israel H, Marra G. Heterotopic ossification of the elbow treated with surgical resection: risk factors, bony ankylosis, and complications. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2014; 472: 2269-75.
- Chalidis B, Stengel D, Giannoudis PV. Early excision and late excision of heterotopic ossification after traumatic brain injury are equivalent: a systematic review of the literature. J Neurotrauma. 2007; 24: 1675-86.
- Chen S, Yu SY, Yan H, Cai JY, Ouyang Y, Ruan HJ, et al. The time point in surgical excision of heterotopic ossification of posttraumatic stiff elbow: recommendation for early excision followed by early exercise. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015; 24: 1165-71.
- Fransen M, Neal B. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for preventing heterotopic bone formation after hip arthroplasty. Cochrane Database of Syst Rev. 2004;3. Art. No.: CD001160. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD001160.pub2.
- Sun Y, Cai J, Li F, Liu S, Ruan H, Fan C. The efficacy of celecoxib in preventing heterotopic ossification recurrence after open arthrolysis for post-traumatic elbow stiffness in adults. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015; 24: 1735-40.
- Milakovic M, Popovic M, Raman S, Tsao M, Lam H, Chow E. Radiotherapy for the prophylaxis of heterotopic ossification: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Radiother Oncol. 2015; 116:4-9.
- Ploumis A, Belbasis L, Ntzani E, Tsekeris P, Xenakis T. Radiotherapy for prevention of heterotopic ossification of the elbow: a systematic review of the literature. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2013; 22: 1580-8.
- Garland DE. Surgical approaches for resection of heterotopic ossification in traumatic brain-injured adults. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1991; 263: 59-70.
- Viola RW, Hastings H. Treatment of ectopic ossification about the elbow. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2000; 370: 65-86
Abstract | Reference