Are Gap and Cast Indices Predictors of Efficacy of Reduction in Fractures of Both Bones of the Leg? A Cohort Study
- Green JS, Williams SC, Finlay D, Harper WM. Distal forearm fractures in children: the role of radiographs during follow up. Injury. 1998; 29(4): 309-12.
- Malviya A, Tsintzas D, Mahawar K, Bache CE, Glithero PR. Gap index: a good predictor of failure of plaster cast in distal third radius fractures. J Pediatr Orthop B. 2007; 16(1): 48-52.
- Bhatia M, Housden PH. Re-displacement of paediatric forearm fractures: role of plaster moulding and padding. Injury. 2006; 37(3): 259-68.
- Haddad FS, Williams RL. Forearm fractures in children: avoiding redisplacement. Injury. 1995; 26(10): 691-2.
- Davis DR, Green DP. Forearm fractures in children: pitfalls and complications. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1976; (120): 172-83.
- Kamat AS, Pierse N, Devane P, Mutimer J, Horne G. Redefining the cast index: the optimum technique to reduce redisplacement in pediatric distal forearm fractures. J Pediatr Orthop. 2012; 32(8): 787-91.
- Madhu T, Gudipati S, Scott BW. Change in the gap index to assess the adequacy of plaster cast during follow-up after closed reduction of fracture. Bone Joint J Br. 2013; 95(Suppl 19): 8.
- Sheikh HQ, Malhotra K, Wright P. Cast index in predicting outcome of proximal pediatric forearm fractures. Indian J Orthop. 2015; 49(4): 398-402.
- Gupta A, Malhotra S, Padha K, Ahmed H. Casting index predicting outcome of paediatric forearm fractures. JK Science. 2015; 17(4): 212-14.
- Gudipati S, Madhu T, Templeton P, Scott B. Change in the gap index to assess the adequacy of plaster cast on follow-up radiographs and its co-relation in predicting fracture stability. Injury Extra. 2012; 43(10): 111.
- Debnath UK, Guha AR, Das S. Distal forearm fractures in children: Cast index as predictor of re-manipulation. Indian J Orthop. 2011; 45(4): 341-6.
- Singh S, Bhatia M, Housden P. Cast and padding indices used for clinical decision making in forearm fractures in children. Acta Orthop. 2008; 79(3): 386-9.
Abstract | Reference