Delayed Onset Sciatic Nerve Palsy Secondary to Wound Hematoma following Anticoagulant Therapy Post-Bipolar Hemiarthroplasty - an Uncommon Complication: A Case Report
- Austin MS, Klein GR, Sharkey PF, Hozack WJ, Rothman RH. Late sciatic nerve palsy caused by hematoma after primary total hip arthroplasty1. J Arthroplasty. 2004; 19(6): 790-2.
- Sorensen JV, Christensen KS. Wound hematoma induced sciatic nerve palsy after total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 1992; 7(4): 551.
- Fleming RE, Michelsen CB, Stinchfield FE: Sciatic paralysis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1979; 61: 37.
- Butt AJ, McCarthy T, Kelly IP, Glynn T, McCoy G. Sciatic nerve palsy secondary to postoperative haematoma in primary total hip replacement. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2005; 87(11): 1465-7.
- Beksaç BP, Della Valle AG, Salvati EA. Acute sciatic nerve palsy as a delayed complication of low-molecular-weight heparin prophylaxis after total hip arthroplasty. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2009; 38(2): E28-30.
Abstract | Reference