Analysis of Reasons for Orthopaedic Walkouts from the Emergency Department in a Private Tertiary Care Centre
- Wear AN, Brahams D. To treat or not to treat: the legal, ethical and therapeutic implications of treatment refusal. J Med Ethics. 1991; 17(3): 131-5. doi: 10.1136/jme.17.3.131
- Arora RS, Eden T, Pizer B. The problem of treatment abandonment in children from developing countries with cancer. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2007; 49(7): 941-6. doi: 10.1002/pbc.21127
- Balarajan Y, Selvaraj S, Subramanian SV. Health care and equity in India. Lancet. 2011; 377(9764): 505-15. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(10)61894-6
- Ding R, McCarthy ML, Li G, Kirsch TD, Jung JJ, Kelen GD. Patients who leave without being seen: their characteristics and history of emergency department use. Ann Emerg Med. 2006; 48(6): 686-93. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2006.05.022
- Hsia RY, Asch SM, Weiss RE, Zingmond D, Liang LJ, Han W, et al. Hospital determinants of emergency department left without being seen rates. Ann Emerg Med. 2011;58(1):24-32. doi: 10.1016/j.annemergmed.2011.01.009
- Pham JC, Ho GK, Hill PM, McCarthy ML, Pronovost PJ. National study of patient, visit, and hospital characteristics associated with leaving an emergency department without being seen: predicting LWBS. Acad Emerg Med. 2009;16(10):949-55. doi: 10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00515.x
- van der Linden MC, Lindeboom R, van der Linden N, van den Brand CL, Lam RC, Lucas C. Walkouts from the emergency department: characteristics, reasons and medical care needs. Eur J Emerg Med. 2014; 21(5): 354-9. doi: 10.1097/MEJ.0000000000000086
- Hadadi A, Khashayar P, Karbakhsh M, Farahani AV. Discharge against medical advice from a Tehran emergency department. Int J Health Care Qual Assur. 2016; 29(1): 24-32. doi: 10.1108/IJHCQA-03-2015-0030
- Clarey AJ, Cooke MW. Patients who leave emergency departments without being seen: literature review and English data analysis. Emerg Med J. 2012;2 9(8): 617-21. doi: 10.1136/emermed-2011-200537
- Naderi S, Acerra JR, Bailey K, Mukherji P, Taraphdar T, Mukherjee T, et al. Patients in a private hospital in India leave the emergency department against medical advice for financial reasons. Int J Emerg Med. 2014; 7(1): 13. doi: 10.1186/1865-1380-7-13
- Nasir AA, Babalola OM. Clinical spectrum of discharges against medical advice in a developing country. Indian J Surg. 2008; 70(2): 68-72. doi: 10.1007/s12262-008-0018-8
- Gündüz RC, Halil H, Gursoy C, Çifci A, .zgün S, Kodaman T, et al. Refusal of medical treatment in the pediatric emergency service: analysis of reasons and aspects. Turk J Pediatr. 2014; 56: 638-42.
- Paul S, Remorino R. Discharge against medical advice (Dama) – A Study. WLMJ. 2010; 2(3): 17-27.
- Baker DW, Stevens CD, Brook RH. Patients who leave a public hospital emergency department without being seen by a physician. Causes and consequences. JAMA. 1991; 266(8): 1085-90.
- Sun BC, Binstadt ES, Pelletier A, Camargo CA Jr. Characteristics and temporal trends of "left before being seen" visits in US emergency departments, 1995-2002. J Emerg Med. 2007; 32(2): 211-5.
- Polevoi SK, Quinn JV, Kramer NR. Factors associated with patients who leave without being seen. Acad Emerg Med. 2005; 12(3): 232-6. doi: 10.1197/j.aem.2004.10.029
- Ngim NE, Nottidge T, Oku A, Akpan AF. Why do orthopaedic trauma patients leave hospital against medical advice? Ibom Med J. 2013; 6(1):1-4.
- Menendez ME, van Dijk CN, Ring D. Who leaves the hospital against medical advice in the orthopaedic setting? Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2015; 473(3): 1140-9. doi:10.1007/s11999-014-3924-z
Abstract | Reference