An Analysis of the Relationship between the Morphometry of the Distal Femur, and Total Knee Arthroplasty Implant Design
- Ranawat CS. The patellofemoral joint in total condylar knee arthroplasty. Pros and cons based on five- to ten-year follow-up observations. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 1986; 205: 93-9.
- Krackow KA, editors. The technique of total knee arthroplasty. St Louis: Mosby; 1990.
- Mensch JS, Amstutz HC. Knee morphology as a guide to knee replacement. Clin Orthop Relat Res, 1975; 112: 231-41.
- Liu HC. Review of gross anatomy of the Chinese knee. J Formos Med Assoc, 1984 ;83(3): 317-25.
- Wang SW, Feng CH, Lu HS. A study of Chinese knee joint geometry for prosthesis design. Chin Med J (Engl), 1992; 105(3): 227-33.
- Low FH, Khoo LP, Chua CK, Lo NN. Determination of the major dimensions of femoral implants using morphometrical data and principal component analysis. Proc Inst Mech Eng [H], 2000; 214(3): 301-9.
- Urabe K, Miura H, Kuwano T, Matsuda S, Nagamine R, Sakai S, et al. Comparison between the shape of resected femoral sections and femoral prostheses used in total knee arthroplasty in Japanese patients—simulation using three-dimensional computed tomography. J Knee Surg, 2003; 16(1) 27- 33.
- Hitt K, Shurman JR 2nd, Greene K, McCarthy J, Moskal J, Hoeman T, et al. Anthropometric measurements of the human knee: Correlation to the sizing of current knee arthroplasty systems. J Bone Joint Surg Am, 2003; 85 supp 4: 155-22.
- Lwanga SK, Lemeshaw S. Sample size determination in health studies: A practical manual. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1991.
- Veerapen K. Osteoarthritis – Asian Perspective. In Howe HS, Feng PH, editors. Textbook of Clinical Rheumatology. Singapore National Arthritis Foundation 1997; 294-5.
- Veerapen K. Epidemiology of Rheumatic Diseases in Malaysia. In Nasution AR, Darwawan J, Isbagio H, editors. Proceedings of the 7th APLAR Congress of Rheumatology; 1992 Sep 13-18: 397-9. Bali, Indonesia.
- Clinical practice guidelines on the management of osteoarthritis. Malaysia: Ministry of Health; 2002.
- Cho WS, Moon HS, Park SS, Noh KM, Cha HI. The shape and size discrepancy between bone and prosthesis in total knee arthroplasty. J Korean Orthop Assoc, 1998; 33(4): 1045-55.
- Wang SW, Feng CH, Lu HS. A study of Chinese knee joint geometry for prosthesis design. Chin Med J (Engl), 1992; 105: 227-33.
- Chow SL. Design and analysis of a total knee prosthesis (thesis). Singapore: Nanyang Technological University; 1996.
- Ho WP, Cheng CK, Liau JJ. Morphometrical measurements of resected surface of femurs in Chinese knees: Correlation to the sizing of current femoral implants. Knee, 2006; 13(1): 12-4.
- Klatt BA, Goyal N, Austin MS, Hozack WJ. Custom-fit total knee arthroplasty (OtisKnee) results in malalignment. J Arthroplasty, 2008; 23(1): 26-9.
- Mahfouz M, Booth R Jr, Argenson J, Merkl BC, Abdel Fatah EE, Kuhn MJ. Analysis of variation of adult femora using sex specific statistical atlases. Presented at: Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering Conference; 2006.
- Greene KA. Gender-specific design in total knee arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty, 2007; 22(7 Suppl 3): 27-31.
Abstract | Reference