Performance of Osteoporosis Self-assessment Tool for Asian (OSTA) for Primary Osteoporosis in Post-menopausal Malay Women
- Weinstein L, Ullery B, Bourguignon C. A simple system to determine who needs osteoporosis screening. Obstet Gynecol. 1999; 93(5,1): 757-60.
- Skedros JG, Sybrowsky CL, Stoddard GJ. The osteoporosis self-assessment screening tool: a useful tool for the orthopaedic surgeon. J Bone Joint Surg [AM] 2007; 89(4): 765-72.
- Koh LK, Sedrine, WB, Torralba TP, Kung A, Fujiwara S, Chan SP, et al. A simple tool to identify Asian women at increased risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporos Int. 2001; 12(8): 699-705.
- Lee CM, Sidhu JS, Pan KL Hip fracture incidence in Malaysia 1981-1989. Acta Orthop Scand. 1993; 64(2): 178-80.
- Freedman KB, Kaplan FS, Bilker WB, Strom BL, Lowe RA Treatment of osteoporosis: are physicians missing an opportunity? J Bone Joint Surg [AM] 2000; 82(8): 1063-70.
- Bauer DC. Osteoporotic fractures: ignorance is bliss? Am J Med. 2000 109(4): 338-9.
- Population and Housing Census, Malaysia c2010 (2010 Census). Department of Statistics Assessed on 24th Dec 2011 Available from: Malaysia: http://www.statistics.gov.my
- Rud B, Hilden J, Hyldstrup L, Hrobjartsson A. The Osteoporosis Self-Assessment Tool versus alternative tests for selecting postmenopausal women for bone mineral density assessment: a comparative systematic review of accuracy. Osteoporos Int. 2009; 20(4): 599-607.
- RudB, Jensen JE, Mosekilde L, Nielsen SP, Hilden J, Abrahamsen B. Performance of four clinical screening tools to select periand early postmenopausal women for dual X-ray absorptiometry. Osteoporos Int. 2005; 16(7): 764-72.
- Lau EM, Lee JK, Suriwongpaisal P, Saw SM, Das De S, Khir A, Sambrook P. The incidence of hip fracture in four Asian countries: the Asian Osteoporosis Study (AOS). Osteoporos Int. 2001; 12(3): 239-43.
- Schwartz EN, Steinberg DM Prescreening tools to determine who needs DXA. Curr Osteoporos Rep. 2006; 4(4): 148-52.
- Geater S, Leelawattana R, Geater A. Validation of the OSTA index for discriminating between high and low probability of femoral neck and lumbar spine osteoporosis among Thai postmenopausal women. J Med Assoc Thai. 2004; 87(11): 1286-92.
- Chaovisitsaree S, Namwongprom SN, Morakote N, Suntornlimsiri N, Piyamongkol W. Comparison of osteoporosis self assessment tool for Asian (OSTA) and standard assessment in Menopause Clinic. Chiang Mai. J Med Assoc Thai. 2007; 90(3):420-5.
- Chan SP, Teo CC, Ng SA, Goh N, Tan C, Deurenberg-Yap M. Validation of various osteoporosis risk indices in elderly Chinese females in Singapore. Osteoporos Int. 2006; 17(8): 1182-8.
- Yang NP, Lin T, Wang CS, Chou P. Correlation of osteoporosis screening by quantitative ultrasound of calcaneus and Osteoporosis Self-Assessment Tool for Asians in Taiwanese. J Formos Med Assoc. 2004; 103(2): 130-6.
- Lu C, Chen D, CaiY, Wei S. Concordance of OSTA and lumbar spine BMD by DXA in identifying risk of osteoporosis. J Orthop Surg Res. 2006; 1: 14.
- Ghazi M, Mounach A, Nouijai A, Ghozlani I, Bennani L, Achemlal L, Bezza A, El Maghraoui, A. Performance of the osteoporosis risk assessment tool in Moroccan men. Clin Rheumatol. 2007; 26(12): 2037-41.
Abstract | Reference