Anxiety Reaction in Children During Cast Removal using Oscillating Saw versus Cast Shear - A Randomised, Prospective Trial
- Hamilton T, Hutchings L, Alsousou J, Tutton E, Hodson E, Smith C, et al. The treatment of stable paediatric forearm fractures using a cast that may be removed at home: comparison with traditional management in a randomised controlled trial. Bone Joint J. 2013; 95(12): 1714-20. doi: 10.1302/0301-620X.95B12.31299
- Court-Brown CM, Aitken S, Hamilton TW, Rennie L, Caesar B. Nonoperative fracture treatment in the modern era. J Trauma. 2010; 69(3): 699-707. doi: 10.1097/TA.0b013e3181b57ace
- Stallard P, Velleman R, Baldwin S. Prospective study of post-traumatic stress disorder in children involved in road traffic accidents. BMJ. 1998; 317(7173): 1619-23. doi: 10.1136/bmj.317.7173.1619
- Katz K, Fogelman R, Attias J, Baron E, Soudry M. Anxiety reaction in children during removal of their plaster cast with a saw. Bone Joint Surg J. 2001; 83(3): 388-90. doi: 10.1302/0301-620x.83b3.10487
- Marsh JP, Jellicoe P, Black B, Monson RC, Clark TA. Noise levels in adult and pediatric orthopedic cast clinics. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2011; 40(7): E122-4.
- Wiggins CE, Brown KD. Hearing protection and cast saw noise. J South Orthop Assoc. 1996; 5(1): 1-4.
- Carmichael KD, Westmoreland J. Effectiveness of ear protection in reducing anxiety during cast removal in children. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2005; 34(1): 43-6.
- McMurtry CM, Noel M, Chambers CT, McGrath PJ. Children's fear during procedural pain: preliminary investigation of the Children's Fear Scale. Health Psychol. 2011; 30(6): 780-8. doi: 10.1037/a0024817
- Hoffmann J, Grimm W, Menz V, Knop U, Maisch B. Heart rate variability and major arrhythmic events in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 1996; 19(11 Pt 2): 1841-4. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8159.1996.tb03237.x
- Liu RW, Mehta P, Fortuna S, Armstrong DG, Cooperman DR, Thompson GH, et al. A randomized prospective study of music therapy for reducing anxiety during cast room procedures. J Pediatr Orthop. 2007; 27(7): 831-3. doi: 10.1097/BPO.0b013e3181558a4e
- Ko JS, Whiting Z, Nguyen C, Liu RW, Gilmore A. A Randomized Prospective Study Of The Use Of Ipads In Reducing Anxiety During Cast Room Procedures. Iowa Orthop J. 2016; 36: 128-32.
- Wong CL, Ip WY, Kwok BMC, Choi KC, Ng BKW, Chan CWH. Effects of therapeutic play on children undergoing cast-removal procedures: a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. 2018; 8(7): e021071. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2017-021071
- Post JM, Switzer KD, Brown DK, Meinzen-Derr J, Dively J, Dunkin BS, et al. Cast saw noise does not reach occupational hazard levels. J Pediatr Orthop. 2013; 33(5): 580-4. doi: 10.1097/BPO.0b013e318288b5e4
- Berglund B, Lindvall T, Schwela DH. Guidelines for community noise. Geneva: World Health Organization (WHO); 1999. https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/66217 (accessed on 9 April 2020)
Abstract | Reference