Instructions for Authors
B: Checklist for submitting case reports and other papers
B1: Case Reports
Interesting cases with unique features in the diagnosis and management will be considered for publication. Describing the outcome of treatment or survival of a rare condition is more important than reporting its distinct entity and the treatment offered.
A case report should adhere to the following guidelines :
- Maximum of 1000 words excluding the abstract.
- Maximum of one table, 3 illustrations and 5 references.
- Suggested components: abstract, introduction, case report and discussion, references.
B2: Letters to the Editor
The Journal encourages commentaries of published articles and other materials that are of general interest to the readers or medical community as a whole. Authors of original article will be invited to respond to the comments. Communications should be directed to the chief editor.
A letter to the editor should adhere to the following guidelines :
- It should not exceed 500 words
- Maximum of 3 authors for reporting of clinical experience or innovative idea
C: Checklist for submitting illustrations
- Roman numerals should be used for numbering tables (e.g. Table I, Table II).
- Attach each table as a separate document, using the table number as the file name.
- The content of a table should be clearly explained so that it is comprehensive without reference to the text.
- Use of tables should be kept to a minimum.
C2: Illustrations / Figures
- Arabic numerals should be used for numbering illustrations, and present them as “Figures” (e.g. Figure 1, Figure 2).
- Attach each figure as a separate document, using the figure number as the file name.
- Do not use patients’ names, initials, or hospital numbers, especially in illustrative material
- Please make sure that the identity of the patients is not disclosed.
- For electronic images,
- Higher resolution images (300 DPI or higher) should be submitted as separate files (JPEG or TIFF) and named according to figure numbers.
- Use of illustrations or diagrams should be kept to a minimum.
D: Submission Checklist
- Make sure that all authors are informed that they will receive a message from the journal secretariat requesting them to confirm their status of authorship.
- Make sure that a cover letter is submitted as a separate file. The main manuscript should be anonymised, and should not contain information that may reveal the name of authors or institution.
- Illustrations (tables and figures) should not be included in the main manuscript. They should be submitted as separate files.
- Please include additional documents as attachments: Ethical approval letter, conflict of interest forms et...
- Evaluation of the submitted material will only begin after all the co-authors have acknowledged their involvements, and the article processing charge (APC) has been settled.